Finding Jessica

trying to reach that essential plateau of hopeless wonderment associated with achieving the ultimate inspiration...

***note***
*Since I made this post the person in question WISELY deleted this particular post. They still shouldn't have allowed it to be known, so its still here! BTW, they probably deleted it b/c someone (they didn't want to) found out, saw it, and maybe they don't want to get fired just yet. Maybe. BTW, the blog itself still exists...and they mention a person below in previous posts.*
***note***

OMG people, if you do not like your job (unlike me!) then this is NOT the way to handle it! Also, of course these blogs are for our own enjoyment and expression, but if you value your job, you probably shouldn't make the existence of your rant space known to people it may not be advisable to show. Just saying.

Example below: (from http://briggsitbe.squarespace.com/home/2009/10/23/catching-up.html)

(slightly truncated, but you get the idea)

" ...That being said, it's been about three months since I started full time at BR. As of this moment - I'm not happy. I think the straw that broke the camels back was Lucy (you remember her as my ex Clay's new gf) getting the equivalent of my job (Merchandise Presentation Lead) at Crabtree - the store I started at. I don't really want to go off on a rant about this but I will say - I feel very betrayed by what I considered my home store. I think that part that scares me the most is knowing that no matter what Lucy's job performance is like (which we all know it will be quite poor seeing as how she only sees the job as a stepping stone and does not really have her heart in it) she has people backing her up. Something I do not have at Streets. I feel that everyday is an uphill battle and no matter how hard I work or how much I improve it's never good enough. Our boss is too busy blaming everyone else for the short comings of the store to see that if she - our GM - is never there - and not doing her own job when she is there - it creates a difficult working environment for any of us to perform well in. And because we perform so poorly we do not get the results we are capable of getting. Crabtree looks great compared to us and people like Lucy have "better" references than some one like me who is getting no feedback but negative feedback. This situation is so disheartening and I'm not sure how to fix it. I never thought I'd be so miserable at a place I used to love. I always thought I would stick it out and put in my time and effort to show that I cared while at Streets and eventually go back home to Crabtree. Now that Lucy has been rewarded for her poor job performance in her previous job and has a lead roll there - I feel like I'll never be able to go back. I might as well leave. And so today marks the beginning of me looking for a new job at a company that doesn't hate me. Wish me luck. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment