Finding Jessica

trying to reach that essential plateau of hopeless wonderment associated with achieving the ultimate inspiration...

Ok, so this is going to be a LONG post...be prepared.

We went to Samaná this past weekend. Below is a picture of me and maureen at the café we ate lunch at. It was pretty good, but I'm tired of sweet ketchup. I'm tired of anything sweet that's not a cookie or cake or pudding. I thought I just didn't like it much, but I have a general dislike of most sweet foods. Weird. $240 + $75 pesos to get there. Lunch ~$220 pesos.

A very cool shot I took of em between my two drinks (hey, it was hot and I needed a water ad wated a soda. Period.)
So, after lunch it was the beach of Las Galeras, there was a very climbable tree so I climbed it. Yes!
The water was a beautiful clear sea-green and had the best-whitest-softest powdery sand I've ever seen in my life....loved it even though I ended up not going to Playa Rincón. For someone like me that doesn't differentiate on the same basis as others it didn't really matter.

The beautiful sky and a bit of paradise. I know its dark, but we did stay out there like 4 hours after all, the sun was behind that illuminated cloud and was setting.
What I'm not showing on this post: (I may have pics, I'll check)

  • after beach was showering ad dinner, followed by some pitiful pre-gaming ad going out to a discoteca
  • me and em got to have a walk around after we showered while the others were showering since we left first
  • bought Brugal, vino tinto, and coke for like $400 pesos
  • dinner was at a french-run pizzeeria...YUM. was so good.
  • em and maur ended up leaving discoteca number 1 after like 15 or so minutes...lame for the person that was pushing going out so hard
  • yo, courtney, y daniel stayed, watched a funny fight between an american principal from cali (I asked), a waitress/hooker, the owner of the place, and another hooker
  • watched people dance...was so mad no one there got us for the one salsa song
  • after went to the club located inside the pizzeria, that was interesting, got free drinks (de la casa) b/c our waiter from dinner remember daniel (I think they bonded while talking about prostitutas)
  • finally headed to the hotel around 2:30am (crazy, didn't feel like anything close)
  • security guard a.k.a. sweet sad oldish guy asked me if i could get him a piece of pan y queso because he was hungry and worked from 7p-7a ad couldn't get any food. I was feeling very generous and christian so I went and daniel followed I suppose to protect me and we got him a hamburger and he was so excited that it felt really good...been trying to stay near the cross...I have a new one by the way, bought it i calle del sol, I think its the first cross pendant I've owned since I was little! anyways, I'm deviating...
  • got back, went to bed
  • next day (sun) em and maur went to playa rincón together
  • me, court, and dan went walking a little, got too hot and tired, so shared a pizza at the same pizzeria from dinner; good thing too, because the return took twice as long as it should have, pissed me off, was hot and nasty, and would have been even worse if i didn't get to eat anything except the hotel breakfast
  • so ride back: guagua (bus-$70 pesos but the bastard said $60 when we got on), guagua ($100-missed ours, took one to maldito Nagua?), pickup truck ($110-for more than an hour, to next stop please! stupid cajones), finally guagua again to satiago (f.*.C.k. this. was terrible and prayed most of it. and was told later I whould have voiced my opinion...and be made to appear the cottled queen B*??? I think not person. $90 pesos.), then a 15 or so minute walk home during which I needed to clear my mind and body of the experience, so after a bit of listening to people gab about how not bad and what an experience it was I had to walk away ahead so that those malditos mentirosas words would not be in my head
Now, I will say I am not bitter, and I cannot disagree that it was an experience. HOWEVER, it was not a necessary one ad should never have happened. People claim they want to "live like the (poor) locals"...bull sh*t, or they would be practicing such a desire more often than when they feel as though it is their best option. All I can say is that I am proud to be travel savvy enough to not have to be in such a situation as that on my own accord...wouldn't have done it to myself, I know what I'm willing to take.
---->>>>----<<<<---- Sooo...today I turned in a rough draft of a paper for FLS412...ugh. Now I need to GREATLY improve that one, AND start on the one for PUCMM!!! Oh geeze, it never ends! And I must be sure to have my previous journals corrected and finish the entries and diccionario due tomorrow...and I have an assigment due today in clase numero dos. How fun. Love when they pile all the work into the lasst week and 1/2! Ah well...

ITS THE LAST WEEK AND A HALF!!!!!!! 10 DAYS!!!!!!

I dunno about anyone but myself, but while I love being afuera de los EEUU, I also REALLY enjoy all my creature comforts, and CANNOT WAIT until I have them, and my peoples, back. Mommy, I own you, jajjajajaja! Who's goig to have that ook waiting for me, by the way?

Craziness...I'm good though, en realidad. I'm safe, a bit dark, and I have a beautiful cross I wear (pardon the pun) religiously. Life is hot, but ok. Can't wait to get on that plane, know what I mean?

Well, going to nap now, em is working on her (tarde) paper, and then I will probably walk with her to turn hers in, and we will be studious at Square 1 and have american-priced drinks and such while getting work done before class at PUCMM. Sweet. Como un café vainilla.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are my fans from?