Finding Jessica

trying to reach that essential plateau of hopeless wonderment associated with achieving the ultimate inspiration...

So, I had my first excursion to a peluquería today to get my hair done...was $250RD (about $6) and I tipped the hairdresser $40RD (about $1.50) ...OMG... it was washed (like 3 times) then sectioned off and blown out...I've never had my hair so straight so FAST...and were it not for the 99% humidity it would last I believe, but here I need some reinforcements by way of hair stuff...WHICH IT APPEARS I LEFT AT HOME!!! Luckily my roomie Em had a bit of something for me to borrow...but for about $7 I would totally go once a week. The pics will be up later. Of course there are pictures.
Oh, and the washing? Reminded me of my Auntie Belinda when she was still in NC and would scrub your hair till it squeaked! Ahhhh...the good old days! (bad picture, I know)
Probably heading out into the town tonight, then off to Puerto Plata bright and early in the morning, around 8am. Coming back tomorrow night.

Malditos mosquitoes bit another one of my toes!!! WORST place to get bitten...SERIOUSLY. OWWW!!!

Guess I'll get dressed now...if I'm going to meet my folks across campus in 1/2hr. I guess. Gonna miss ya Em. Gotta put some alcohol on those bites. Dernnit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are my fans from?